March 15, 2010

Spring Break (Whoop, Whoop!)

Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Movie of the Week:

American Gangster (Directed by Ridley Scott, Featuring Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Josh Brolin, Ruby Dee, Lymari Nadal, Ted Levine, John Hawkes, RZA, Carla Gugino, Idris Elba, with Armand Assante, and Cuba Gooding, Jr.)

Song of the Day: Poppin‘ by Chris Brown (listen here –> Poppin’)

Blogging in cinco… quatro… tres… dos… uno!!!

apparently my blogs are so uber cool that i was urged to continue writing – and soon! lol. i apologize for keeping you guys waiting, but you have NO IDEA how :) i am!!!!!!!!!

i know that it may sound SUPER filled with irony, but i definitely was excited to leave Lafayette for spring break … to go see my best friend at George Mason University! (i hadn’t seen her in approximately six to eight weeks, so it’s been ROUGH.) last week i was entranced with the idea of getting a small break from the rigorous six weeks of academia, extracurriculars, and familial issues. i went to classes with a euphoric high that only drug addicts and passionate lovers can relate to; happiness oozed out of my pores like sweat during step practice – only a little less gross lol. anywho, by the time 2:00 P.M. came on Friday, i felt the weight of the world lift from my shoulders temporarily, and right now, i’m very content with that.

alas, with great strength comes great responsibilities. while i’m breaking away from the campus, i still have a week filled with crazy activities, and they’re right below this text!

the good (the stuff that puts the REAL in RELAX):

– chillax with my best friend Karima at GMU

– bond with the fam

– take my brother DeAndre (aka Zeke), and my sister Jonaé (aka Brionna) out on dates

– go with Travis to see Russell Simmons at Howard University!!!

– hang out with two of my friends named Antonio!

the bad (the stuff that i kinda wish i didn’t have to do, but must – as residents of Sandford would say* – for, “the greater good”):

– nominate students for the Executive Board of ABC

– create an application for the new African and Caribbean Interest Floor

– apply for internships

– apply for internship stipends

– create a practice schedule/outline for Precision

– read ahead for class

– fill out my organizer

– work on the LVAIC conference…

oh well lol. i actually am enjoying the challenge of squishing all of this excitement into 5 days! i’m missing out on choreographing some smooth moves with my bestii, so i’ll talk to you guys next week. remember: keep busy, keep your head up, and keep the faith! be blessed. ;)

me and my bestii!!! five years going strong, and we’re practically the same person – inseparable!!!

*this is a reference to the best movie in the freaking world (…well… at least one of them…) called Hot Fuzz.

Scripture of the Week:

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ (Matthew 25:23)

posted in Kameisha Hodge