May 20, 2013

Feri bhetaula America!

Standing in line to check in at Qatar Airlines, I already felt out of place. But not in a bad way. I enjoy showing up in a place where I don’t seem to belong. I have always felt that new and different experiences were good for me. I just arrived from Spain about 10 days ago from a semester-long study abroad program. Some people call me crazy for leaving the country again so soon, but how could I pass up an opportunity like this?!

I have always had an open mind toward people and places. Experiencing a new culture is one of the most rewarding feelings for me. For this trip, however, I have no idea what to expect. As I sit here waiting for the 32 hour journey to Nepal to begin, many different ideas float through my head as to what I will see and the people I will meet. The only thing I know for sure is this is the experience of a lifetime and I am going to take advantage of every moment of it.

posted in Sarah Walko

1. Tell me more, tell Me MORE!

says Janine Block
    May 28, 2013 at 10:16 am
  2. From who did you learn the Nepali sentence “Feri bhetaula America”? It must be from Rijan. How is everything there in the USA? You must be very happy meeting family members after 3 weeks’ stay in Nepal.

Dharma

says Dharma
    July 9, 2013 at 5:17 am