December 12, 2013

An Observation Journal Should Be Seen Through To The Very End

Lupin vs Conan movie ticket

Lupin vs Conan Ticket *^*

観察日記は最後までやりきろう
Yeah, starting off with another Gintama episode title for my blog titles ’cause they are all life lessons and this one is important because FINALS ARE OVER!!!!.  I am all packed up to move into my new apartment in Nishi Shinjuku on Saturday and I have one more month here in Tokyo.

Last weekend I saw the best movie ever!!  It’s the first feature-length Lupin movie (even though it was technically a Conan movie but who cares about those details) in 17 years.  I LOVE Lupin III.  I actually bought my ticket back in like…September and got to see the movie opening day.  Lupin and his gang are so cool!  My housemate likes Conan so she saw the movie with me.  I like Conan too but I am so big into Lupin she probably thought I was crazy when I was like OMG LUPIN!! OMG THAT KAITO KID IS LUPIN!! OMG JIGEN IS SO COOL!!! and stuff like that.  We went to the Brooklyn Parlor afterwards ’cause I love my NY food.

3 Boss beverage cans

How I survived Finals

So this week, aside from finals and surviving on canned coffee, was pretty uneventful. I think I’ve been to every kind of doctor ever here though.  I had to go the dentist ’cause of a burn in my mouth….I have to go back.  Takoyaki is so good but since it’s hotter inside than outside, it’s easy to get burned.

I think my finals went well though.  It was mostly papers.  Film theory was probably the worst class I have ever taken though.  I am not a theory person….at all.  I see why it’s important though.  My American film history class made me find a field of research that I may want to pursue further.  I find that American Hollywood adaptions of foreign media to be really interesting.  I don’t know.  It’s also interesting to see why some adaptions do better than others.  We’ll see what the future holds!

A package of Heichou cookies

Heichou cookies

So yeah….spent my second-to-last day in my homestay in my room packing up everything.  I ate Shingeki snacks from Lawsons.  I love how Lawsons and 7-11 always do food promotions with series I like.  These tea cookies made me want to sit down with Levi Heichou and drink some fancy tea.  A lot of my friends want me to bring this back for them. They are cheap and expire in March so I might as well.

Anyways, even though I am supposed to stop posting this week (I think?) I may continue until I go back to the US.  I have free time though I don’t plan on doing much in this last month.  Nothing different than usual anyways.

It’s 3:20AM so I am going to sleep~

Night!

posted in Marlene First

1. I love your blogs. Just stay well and enjoy your last four weeks in Japan. We are looking forward to seeing you. Love, Grand mom and Grand pop.

says David First
    December 14, 2013 at 10:21 pm