June 25, 2014

More Exploration and a Birthday in NYC!

Fourth week is under way! I am having a blast both at AppNexus and in New York City. On the job we have had at least one social a week, and I have also made a point to explore at least one new spot a week in New York City. Last weekend, not only did I manage to go to the Statue of Liberty and the top of Rockefeller Center, but also the South Street Seaport (pictured below).

People at the South Street Seaport in New York City

This was a cool place considering that the area has been so harmed by the major hurricanes that have occurred the last two falls (Sandy, Irene). The area is supporting many local businesses and artisan shops, so it was good to see that resources are being put into revitalizing this area after destructive storms.

This week has been spent continuing my work at AppNexus and going out to an intern dinner along with visiting the Brooklyn Bridge Park. But I must say that I am looking forward to my birthday this Friday. Luckily enough, Lafayette College is not too far from NYC so many of my friends who are doing research with professors or have Lehigh Valley internships are coming into the city to help me celebrate!

I plan on exploring around the East Village where I can see a lot of the neighborhood that is right around where I am living this summer. The restaurants and bars in New York are amazing and diverse. From a soccer themed restaurant across the street, to an Indian place, to an Irish bar a few blocks down. This neighborhood has it all.

On another note I will be writing a blog post for AppNexus soon that I will link to in a future blog post. In that blog you can find out even more about the granular details about what I have been working so hard on over the summer. For now, I am signing off. Have a great remainder of the week, and a great weekend.

posted in Matt Schultheiss