March 3, 2015

Let It Snow…

The recent snowfall left Lafayette (and the surrounding areas) covered in a thick blanket of white snow. Some complained… actually many complained; it’s too cold, how will I get to class, now I can’t get food, etc. But personally, I love the snow.

I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a winter person. I mean I love summer as much as the next person, but growing up in Michigan it was almost programmed into who I am since winters seemed to last half the year.

To me the fresh snowfall leaves Lafayette looking even more beautiful than it already is. I see my fellow classmates building snowmen, having snowball fights, and if you live on my floor there’s plenty of hot chocolate to go around. Campus administration does its job by clearing the pathways to make sure the walk to other buildings isn’t too slippery and there are plenty of restaurants that offer delivery if you don’t feel like walking for food.

I’ve always felt that if it’s cold outside there might as well be snow or else it is just cold and gross. So, personally, if Easton is going to stay cold, there might as well be some snow along with it. Sure it can make getting to class and getting food a hassle, but it adds a little extra charm to Lafayette and that’s worth it enough for me. As long as it stays cold, I say let it snow!

posted in Mackenzie Gammons